Tuesday, September 25

Going Home

I wish I could say that our trip home was uneventful, but instead we had a some bumps. Most notably, just after coming over the grapevine, Abby decided to throw up! She has never thrown up before...ever. I gave her an empty cup and pulled over quickly, but to no avail. Needless to say, she was scared and upset and, boy, did she do a bang-up job of making a mess. She had been coloring and putting stickers on a sheet on her lap desk when she got sick, so we had vomit on everything. I was so glad my mom was with us on this leg of the trip because it would have taken me hours to clean it up by myself. As it was, we probably spent 45 minutes wiping and cleaning and changing clothes, etc. I felt so bad for Abigail, but she recovered quickly. We think maybe she just got carsick on all the curves in that stretch of the highway.


When I asked her why she had pen all over her face,
she said she wanted to trace her face. Silly kid.

We got to our hotel and went for a swim in the pool. Or I should say Abby went for a swim in the pool, but it was so freezing cold that the rest of us went into the hot tub for a while instead. Abby eventually joined us in the warm water too. The next day was a long one, but we made some stops for food and geocaches so we could stretch our legs a bit. Finally, Sunday evening we drove into the garage and began unloading the van. It's good to be home!

No comments: