Monday, June 2

Eye Doctor

Abby had her checkup with the eye doctor today, and I'm happy to report that she has perfect vision. Well, she's a little farsighted, but apparently that's normal for children (Ryan is too).

The ophthalmologist also looked at her red bump under her eye and agreed with Ryan's doctor that it is a chalazion. She told me I can finally stop the hot compresses as they don't do much good at this stage (I kind of figured that out by now), and she gave me some ointment to put on twice a day. It will still take a while to completely resolve, but hopefully in a couple months it will be gone.

But just when I thought it was all good news, she had me look through the microscope at Abby's other eyelid. She has another plugged gland! Though it's not swollen or red yet, we now have to put hot compresses on that eye in hopes that it will prevent a full blown chalazion like we had last time.

1 comment:

a portland granny said...

What a darling little girl. I'm glad her eye thing is getting better...but another one. It does get discouraging sometimes, doesn't it?

Sounds like the grandpa is a great sport!! Every kid needs a good grandpa!

Is Out of This World for older kids--12-14? Sounds like it would be a good place to have one of our family birthdays.

Glad you are posting again. Will be looking for you on your main board.
Joan