Friday, April 18

Oops!


We had an "interruption" last night of the gruesome kind, a trip to urgent care. Ryan and Abby were helping me get dinner ready and after Abby helped mix the rub for the pork tenderloin she wanted to help Ryan peel potatoes.


After she was about halfway done with the potato, she sliced into her finger and through her fingernail. I rinsed it and put pressure on it but it took a good 20 to 25 minutes to stop the bleeding, and then it would start again every time she bent her finger. By that time Daddy had arrived home, so we turned off the oven and drove to urgent care.


As we suspected they really didn't recommend doing much but to just "let nature take its course." They glued a bandage on to keep it from opening up every time she used her finger and put a small guard on to protect it.


As usual she was a wonderful patient, which I am so thankful for. When she got her new bike for her birthday, I had wondered if we'd end making a trip to urgent care from a bad fall, but I didn't think we'd end up there from a willingness to help make dinner!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Oh my. Thank goodness it didn't require stitches.

I wouldn't rule out a bad fall just yet. Might not require a trip to Urgent Care, but a fall is possible.

I LOVE that you grabbed your camera for the trip to the Urgent Care. That is SO totally something I would have done. LOL.