Wednesday, May 30

How To Make Frozen Bananas

If I had known these treats were so easy to make, I'd have made them much sooner! I wanted to do a fun activity with the kids this morning and I also needed a snack for some friends we invited over to play later in the afternoon. I did a quick internet search and found several simple recipes for Frozen Bananas, and we whipped up a batch. Though you really don't need an official recipe to make these, this is the one I used.


First line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Cut the end off of each banana (I just cut them in half since they were for little ones) and insert a popsicle stick into the cut end. Place on waxed paper and freeze for three hours or until solid.


Once the bananas are frozen, melt chocolate in a double boiler on the stove or in the microwave (that's what I did) and stir until melted and smooth. Roll bananas in the chocolate until coated and then roll in chopped nuts or coconut (we skipped this part) and place back on waxed paper. (Tip: Make sure the bananas do not thaw at all or the chocolate will not stick.)


Return bananas to the freezer for another hour or until the chocolate is firmly set. Enjoy!

1 comment:

San Francisco Photographer, Amanda B. said...

I googled " how to make frozen bananas " and found this post. Thank for the info! I read this ispiring travel story about an American who actually supported himself in Costa Rica simply by making 20-30 of these a day and selling them on the beach! After I read it, I wanted to learn how to make good ones ( you never know when I might want to live in CR selling bananas ! ).
~Amanda